After you throw on some of The Band’s greatest hits, and find yourself, uh, “relaxing” to the music, you’re probably going to want some grub. And you’ll probably read from 50 different publications where you should hit up for some 4/20 goodness. These are our recs:
- La Moon: As most La Moon regulars will tell you, the food tastes better the more, ahem, out of sorts you are. Perfect. Order the Supermoon Perro: hot dog with quail egg, bacon, and sausage.
- El Taquito: No frills tacos. In the grove. Does it really get anymore chill?
- The Big Pink: For when you’re not sure exactly what it is that you’re craving, this place has got you covered — they have it all. Breakfast fare, lunch, dinner entrees, spiked milkshakes…the world is your oyster here.
- Sakaya Kitchen: Spicy tater tots with cheese sauce & marinated beef. Need I say more?
- MLT: hit up this Washington Avenue spot for new levels of grilled cheese. Short ribs. Challah bread. Cheese wiz. Fried egg. White cheddar truffle. Bacon. Kripsy Kreme bread pudding (free with a check-in on Yelp!).
- Eating House: we’ve covered this restaurant several times, and if you can’t tell, it’s one of our all-time favorites. Their menu today will feature “munchies” at the – wait for it – price of $4.20.
- GastroPOD: pretty sure that this shiny, silver food truck will transfix the eyes of many. The food should hook your taste-buds. You can’t go wrong with anything off this truck – if you see it, run for it – no matter how lethargic you may feel.
- Nove Kitchen & Bar: late night food with a good vibe. Try the fried rice.
- Coolhaus: if this truck is around town today, hit it up for ice cream flavors like bacon or Guinness mushed in between freshly baked potato-chip cookies.